Sunday, April 12, 2009

This bud's for you ...



After a long - almost semester long -hiatus, I am back again. There are a few weeks left this semester, and I am trying to figure out what happened. Why haven't I posted since January? Perhaps it was the four courses I have been teaching? Perhaps it was the new load of service I have taken on? Perhaps it was my young child who has absorbed all of my 'free' time?

The truth is that all three things have absorbed my time and attention and more. A few highlights. I survived a major review for my file. I have successfully almost-graduated my first honors student (this is a big highlight for my relatively short career). I am waiting on a bunch of fellowships, etc. Year Two is almost done.

On a more personal note - I am waiting for my tulips to join my daffodils above ground and I am cheering for my newly planted pansies as well. For all of those out there who are so relieved and overjoyed to see spring's arrival, this bud's for you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment